Daniel Thomson designed the Firewire Hydronaut to be the high-performance "mini" step-up board that has been missing from your quiver. Like the Hydroshort—Tomo's everyday HP board—the 'naut enables whip-fast direction changes with help from its torpedo nose, which reduces board length and swing weight. The curvy nose template is also forgiving on steep drops and in the tube. A deeper Quad Inside Single Concave gives you the necessary grip for holding an edge in juicy surf, without worrying about spinning out.
Tomo recommends ordering the Hydronaut about five inches shorter than your standard step up.
- 5'9" x 18.5" x 2 5/16" - 26.1 Liters
- Ability: Intermediate - Expert
- Wave Size: 5'-10'+
- Bottom Contours: Quad Inside Single Concave
- Construction: LFT Technology
- Futures Fins compatibility
There is an $80 shipping charge on the Hydronaut.